Update: Florida Governor Desantis issued a Stay-at-Home order for all Floridans in effect Thursday 4/2/20 at 12 midnight.
For guidelines on what jobs are essential during COVID-19, refer to the US Department of Homeland Security HERE.
As of this writing, Florida Governor Ron Desantis had not issued a Stay-at-Home order, as other governors have done so, to stem the spread of COVID-19. In the cases where states have issued such orders, officials are following U.S. Department of Homeland Security guidelines. Ohio Governor Mike DeWine designated wide essential sectors under his order:
- Food, beverage, and licensed marijuana production and agriculture.
- Organizations that provide charitable and social services.
- Grocery stores
- Funeral homes
- Gas stations
- Hardware stores
- Municipal services construction
- Building and maintenance
- Religious entities
- Mail, post, shipping, logistics, delivery, and pick-up services
- Critical trades
- Restaurants for consumption off-premises
- Home-based care and services
- Residential facilities and shelters
We can all agree that the heroes are the healthcare workers (at all levels), first responders, grocery and other retail workers, food service employees and everyone transporting the essential items to keep America safe. If you’re are working during this crisis, THANK YOU!